Updated: Sep 24, 2020
When we started making scented candles we wanted to be as kind to the environment as possible we didn’t want to use paraffin wax which is a bi product of the refinery process for petroleum, the research started on what we could use.
We decided on Soy wax which is a vegetable oil derived from the soybean this means that it is 100% natural, renewable, and environmentally friendly. The soy wax we use is biodegradable vegan friendly and no animal testing has been carried out in its manufacture.
The benefits for using Soy wax
· Longer burning – soy wax has a lower melting point, which means it will burn up to 50% longer
· Nontoxic giving a cleaner burn – as soy wax is made from soybeans it has a clean burn and releases no known carcinogens when burning
· Renewable resource – soybeans are an environmentally friendly sustainable and a renewable resource
· Better fragrance - due to the lower melting temperature of the wax and a healthy wax pool created around the wicks this enables the fragrance oils to vaporise more easily.
· Soy is biodegradable – easier to clean spills, with hot water and soap long gone are the days of hacking at split wax.
Decision was made Soy wax is the wax we would use.